Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow day

So we went to my parent's house last week and were pleasantly surprised the next morning when we woke up to snow! Here are a few of the pictures I got. In other Grantham news, Sequoia is finally walking! She started taking steps at 14 months and now she has taken off. She's even doing a speed walk now. Just another example of how different my kids are; Phoenix took his first steps at nine months. Also, we are now in Washington state visitng David's parents and are finding out what real snow and real cold are like. It was four degrees when we got here. It even feels like the air is frozen.
"Look at our car, that's really weird." Phoenix's title for this picture. That's my mom behind the car.

There's still a little snow left when I took these pictures.


This might have been fun to slide down but we decided not to find out.



Phoenix touches Texas snow. It was very wet icy snow but we were glad to have it anyway.


Here's our very humble snow man. This is as much as we could make before our hands froze!

2 comments:

Robin Conner said...

I'm glad you got to see snow and also that Phoenix got to see it! You are so funny when you said "even the air feels frozen!" I laughed at that! I love the socks you're wearing in the "car pic" and I love your snowman, very cute and creative! Enjoy your holiday and thanks for sharing the snow pics! How are you feeling? I hope you're getting some nausea relief!

Andrea McEntire said...

I love the snow. How fun to have a white Christmas. It looks like you guys had a great time.