Thursday, September 18, 2008

The shirt on my back

I was just thinking about what it feels like to literally only own the "shirt on my back." When we ecavuated Galveston I didn't pack many clothes. I really only expected to be gone a few days. So now I find myself cycling through the three pairs of clothing I own. Thankfully Briana has graciously let us use her washer/dryer and that has been a great blessing. I feel like we didn't have a lot of warning for this hurricane. It kind of caught me off guard and, to be honest, I didn't think it would hit. Thank goodness for the church and for the preparations we had already made months in advance. Now I feel like I'm rambling but there is so much on my mind. I'm having trouble sleeping at night thinking about all our friend's houses that have been destroyed. If anything though, my testimony has grown stronger knowing that we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows our situations and will take care of us.

1 comment:

Ry and Nat said...

Hi Tamera, can I get your e-mail so I can send you an ivite to our blog? Thanks -Natalie